[Yaesu] ft-920 am transmit

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] ft-920 am transmit
From: Labontefamily@aol.com (Labontefamily@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 08:35:24 2003
Hi
I have recently acquired a ft-920 with the inrad filter kit, FM, and the am
filter.  The radio works beautifully except for one thing.  When I switch to
AM mode and try to transmit, "ERROR" appears on the display and the radio
does not transmit.  The filter appears to work properly as I can press the
narrow button and hear the affect.  Has anyone ever seen this before?  Am I
just missing something?  The guy I got it from swears he used am.
       Also, Has anyone ever used this radio with any HI-FI AUDIO equipment
for ssb?  I was wondering what the transmit bandwidth was and if it is
modifiable or if there is a way to feed the balanced modulator directly
Thanks
Ed
WA1ED
labontefamily@aol.com