[Yaesu] FT-840 Freq. stability problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-840 Freq. stability problem
From: qrz_kp4jrs@hotmail.com (KP4JRS - Jose)
Date: Sat Mar 1 07:47:00 2003
Hello to everyone:

    I got a FT-840 and have some problems with the frequency stability, Most of
the time when I power up the radio and go on the air the people say my Tx freq.
is changing, then when in just receiving i can notice this too. But if I wait
some minutes ( a long count ) It baceme more stable.

    I have this rig for about 3 years. The only mod inside is the instalation
on the FM unit.

    Understand there is a TXCO-4 unit available as an option, but Im not sure
if this can solve my problem.

Any comments on this?

Thanks a lot,

73s de KP4JRS - Jose