[Yaesu] Phonetic Alphabet

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Phonetic Alphabet
From: msauve@alientech.net (msauve@alientech.net)
Date: Tue Mar 18 11:53:45 2003
At 08:05 AM 3/18/2003 -0800, Stuart Bloom wrote...
>Well, I see this crop up every once in a while.  I
>guess it really doesn't matter WHAT phonetic alphbet
>you use, as long as you think everyone that might be
>listening will understand your choice of words.
>However, the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD

Which standards body ratified this? What standard should be referenced? What
authority does that standards body have over worldwide amateur radio?

>is the NATO
>standard, ie what we should all be using:  Alpa,
>Brava, Charlie....

Not all hams are in NATO countries, and the vast majority of hams are not
associated with the military, so this is a non-sequitor, unless hams are also
expected to eat MREs and stand guard during Field Day. :-)

Mike Sauve
W8UR