[Yaesu] FT847 - CAT problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT847 - CAT problem
From: woly@wimpley.freeserve.co.uk (Paul Walsh)
Date: Wed May 21 16:10:52 2003

Hi
   I wonder if anyone can help me with the following problem I have
encountered
.

I use a FT847, with CAT to YP and N1MM logging software. It has worked
fine since I got the rig, but last week I installed a new 40m antenna,
and on the first transmission with this antenna, there must have been
some RF in the shack, maybe? But the Frequency readout in YP from the
847 went crazy, the frequency was jumping through all sorts of numbers,
and then the computer seemed to stop talking to the 847, as there was
not frequency read out in my logging program and the cat icon on the 847
no longer came on.

I have also tried using N1MM logging software and this no longer wants
to communicate with the 847, I also changed my homebrew null modem cable
for a off the shelf one, but still there appear to be no communications
between the pc and 847.

I wonder if anyone knows what the problem could be
Thanks in advance

Paul
G3PJV

''If at first you do not succeed, skydiving is not for you!''
WEB : www.qsl.net/g3pjv
EMAIL: g3pjv@qsl.net