[Yaesu] YA-A-ZOOOOO and Musen to boot ! Trivia for the day.

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] YA-A-ZOOOOO and Musen to boot ! Trivia for the day.
From: w4clm.ham@juno.com (Carol L Maher)
Date: Wed May 21 18:26:36 2003
Hey gang,
I just thought for what it's worth, I would pass this along to you..
Having traveled extensively to Japan on business for about 10
years, I thought I would try my hand at a little Japanese Language
study, otherwise known as:  (Nihongo)
I  can now speak a great deal of Japanese and I can read and write at an
elementary level after almost 10 years of banging my head against the
desk, much like Morse code is to some I was continually
trying to break the barrier of communications in Japanese.
The only thing that makes the language hard for us outsiders (Gaijin)
is the fact there are very few Americans in Walmart or McDonals
(MaKuDoNaRuDo)  who speak Japanese in our country.
So you really have to seek those out who can in the Japanese community
or at a local college where you can chat with the Japanese exchange
students..

So here is the worthless Tidbit of information for the day.
Here in the south of the United States where Corn Grits
are king and  they still Fly the Stars and Bars, then swear that
the south is going to rise again!  They say Yaesu as
YE-A-ZU !!  Just drives me crazy.
There is no Zu in Yaesu !!!
So the right way to say it is:
Ya = Ya
A  =   A    and
Su =  Su as in SUE
So there you have it. YA-A-SUE   Not a ZOO !

And finally: I can only assume every one of us has sat in front of their
beautiful Yaesu receiver or transceiver for many  hours looking at
the words Yaseu Musen Co. beautifully labeled on some pieces of
their station.  Did you ever ask yourself,  what is does the word
Musen really is  in Nihongo ??

Well if you didn't already know I'm going to tell you now.
Mu-Sen As in Yaesu Musen means
WIRELESS
So you have been buying your products from Yaesu Wireless Company !!

That's it guys.
I hope you enjoyed these little worthless pieces of trivia for the day.
Best Regards
Carol L. Maher
W4CLM
Saiyonara !!