[Yaesu] PB1315a board

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] PB1315a board
From: edkeyes@gis.net (Ed and Matthia Keyes)
Date: Fri Jun 20 19:43:57 2003
Hello. I have a problem with my FT101e.The first thing is the mic gain control
froze up,but since it froze up in the position thatI keep it in(2) and the rig
seemed to operate ok, I left it as that. Today as I was warming it up,the tubes
began to glow real hot and smoke was coming from around the pb 1315a board. So
I shut it down and pulled the relay and the boards for inspection. It seems
upon the sniff test that the pb1315a board is the one that got cooked. In my
service manual,the audio gain is pin #19 on the board. Am I correct in assuming
that the frozen mic gain controll is the cause of this problem with the board.
And would it also cause the tubes to heat up insuch a fashion? Thanks Ed KB1HVS