[Yaesu] VL1000 help

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] VL1000 help
From: TELLAM@cal.mccarthy.ca (Tim Ellam)
Date: Mon Jul 21 07:53:17 2003
I have a VL1000 driven by a FT1000D. The antenna is matched and the FT1000
itself runs fine without the internal tuner. I have hooked the FT1000 and the
Amp using the 1) ALC1 to ALC, 2) Band Data to Band Data DIN and 3) Band Data 2
to TX gnd(yes I have switched the internal switch to "on").

I cannot get the VL1000 to operate! The tuner on the VL1000 will not "tune" and
I get the "error" message and sometimes the "High SWR" message. Sometimes when
switiching the amp off fault #1005 comes on briefly. The tuner has me baffled
as the antenna is fine!

Any ideas?

Tnx in advance!

Tim VE6SH

NOTE: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error,
or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender
via e-mail or call 403-260-3500 and delete this e-mail message.