[Yaesu] FT-767 - Output

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-767 - Output
From: n8luv_jm@juno.com (James E McClellan)
Date: Tue Aug 5 21:12:14 2003
Hi Gang,

I have a mint FT-767 with all the VHF/UHF modules and other accessories
that I have used since new. Within the last few months the output on the
HF side was becoming eradic. It would "jump" all over the place from 100
watts to 10 to 50 to 30 to 0 and so forth. It would do this just sitting
there with nothing being done to it. At one point the output would go low
and stay. I would tap or lift the front and drop it to the desk (1/4 inch
or so) and it would come back full output. I thought perhaps a dirty ant.
relay, a cold solder joint, finals going bad, etc. --- It has been idle
for about a month with no power to it. Today I turned it on and now there
is absolutely no power out. The VHF/UHF modules still have full output.
--- Question, who or where can I get this beatiful rig repaired? I love
the system as I also have the FT-736 and the FL-7000. I live in Port
Huron, Michigan - about 45 miles north of Detroit. I would like to take
it (drive) it some where local. Is there such a place?

Thanks for your time ---

Jim --- N8LUV

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!