What are you trying to accomplish? In PKT the FT-1000MP does
1) Offset the display to the "center of the channel" (i.e.,
half way between the expected mark/space tone ... -2125 Hz
default - Menu 6-3, 6-4 and 6-5)
2) set the RX BFO to 457.125 kHz
3) Set the TX BFO to 457.125 kHz
4) Select LSB (i.e., BFO is above RX/TX freq)
5) Select the last IF filters used in PKT
6) Select audio input from the PKT (DIN-5) jack
What you're hearing probably isn't the filtering ... it's the
BFO offset (set up to pass audio at 2125 HZ +/- 1200 Hz).
... Joe, K4IK
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Carr [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
> Sent: Saturday, November 01, 2003 8:46 PM
> To: Joe Subich, K4IK
> Cc: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D PKT
> It would help if I could remember which radio have! Sorry for the
> Its the FT1000MP.
> The difference between the filtering that takes place in LSB/USB mode
> versus PKT/RTTY mode is considerable. There does not appear
> to be any method to change that.
Yaesu mailing list