Re: [Yaesu] Mark V Versus Mark V Field

To: Thomas Giella KN4LF <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Mark V Versus Mark V Field
From: Jim Gerke <Jim.Gerke@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 11:10:15 -0600
Differences between the two radios are as follows:

  Mark V - 200W output (75W Class A operation)
           External dual voltage (13.8v and 30v) power supply -
             comes with the radio
           Radio CANNOT be powered by 13.8vdc
           Says "FT-1000MP Mark V" on the front panel

  Field  - 100W output (25W Class A operation)
           Built-in 110 VAC power supply for base operation
           Can be powered by 13.8VDC (standard 6-pin Molex connector
             is on rear panel)
           Says "FT-1000MP Mark V Field" on the front panel

Hope this helps.

73, Jim, K5QL