[Yaesu] Yaesu repairs

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Yaesu repairs
From: "Don Richards" <donsay2@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 16:32:58 -0700
This is NOT a complaint about turn-around time for repair to Yaesu
equipment.  Instead, it is a favorable report about a recent experience with
sending my FT-1000MP Mark V to Vertex Standard (Yaesu) at Cypress,
California.  For those who might be concerned about turnaround time, take
heart.

UPS picked up the unit here in Tucson, Arizona at about 6:00 pm on December
2 and it was delivered to Yaesu at 9:00 am the next day via UPS Ground
service..  On the 4th I received a post card from Yaesu acknowledging
receipt and saying current turnaround time was 2 weeks and non-warranty
repair might take longer.  The non-warranty repaired unit was back in my
hands on the evening of December 12 in time for the ARRL 10 meter contest.
The repair was fairly extensive (failure in the receive front end) and I
also requested any applicable mods.  Please note I never spoke to anyone at
Yaesu or asked for special service....the rapid turnaround just happened and
I appreciated it.