[Yaesu] FT 1000mp Mark V problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 1000mp Mark V problem
From: "J.Hector Garcia M" <xe2k@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:50:56 -0800
Hi guys:
i have the following problem with my mark V, the past saturday i  try to make
some dx and as usual i turn the power supply and 2 seconds later the radio, i
have 2 exact years with this unit and was working great, but the past saturday
show the following problem:

NO RX in the main VFO,
NO TX power on the main or second VFO.
After checking all , reseting the radio, and all the chekings, the radio don't
show any change.

this is the second time a need to send one of my radios to yaesu,  in the first
time i spend  a lot of time and like arounf 900 dlls after two attemps to
repair  , was a 1000D , after that experience i get this mark v  New .

i will apreciate any idea what  can have my radio or the  problem present in
any other unit , i heard similar problems from 2 friends  , but under warranty
,this unit will be out of warranty  and i hope to get a nice experience in this
repair.\
tnx in advance    the best wishes in this season , merry christmas and a happy
new Year 2004
de XE2K
Hector Garcia