RE: [Yaesu] FT-1000D mains transformer

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Yaesu] FT-1000D mains transformer
From: "Karty, Steven" <kartys@ncs.gov>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:28:17 -0500
The standard AC mains power in the US is 120 VAC and 240 VAC, except for
industrial areas with three-phase power in which case the standard is 120
VAC and 208 VAC.  These are all RMS values and 60 Hz of course.  I'm sure
that some people will disagree with these voltages but my local electric
power utility here in Virginia says that these are their targets:  They may
vary a few percent higher or lower.

Most power transformers don't care whether you operate them on 50 or 60 Hz,
and you can always get away with operating a 50 Hz transformer on 60 Hz.
But there is a small chance that a 60 Hz transformer could possibly overheat
when operated on 50 Hz.

73, Steven - N5SK