[Yaesu] FV-101 Vs. FV-101B

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FV-101 Vs. FV-101B
From: certified-electronics@juno.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:56:56 +0000
Gary,
Not really much difference between the FV-101 and FV-101B
HOWEVER,
There area slight differences, one being the light gray trim ring on the
"B" model
matched all transceivers from the FT-101B and newer.  Where as the
original
FV-101 had a silver trim ring that matched the very early FT-101 MK 1 &
MK II
transceivers.  Also the FV-101B has a small red LED to indicate which of
the two VFO's
were in use at the time by switching from the VFO selector switch  on the
transceiver the Red / LED switched the internal 6 volt supply to the VFO
and
switches on the RED LED.

No really big differences, but if I were to pick one up I think I'd
prefer the "B" model
as the original FV-101 has got to have some age on it.

Best 73s'
Carol L. Maher
W4CLM