[Yaesu] G3LLL clipper for FT-101 Clipper

To: ft-101@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Yaesu] G3LLL clipper for FT-101 Clipper
From: certified-electronics@juno.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 20:08:22 +0000
Join Fox Tango at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FoxTango/

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "g3lll" Harry Leeming
Heysham Morecambe, UK

Had a great time just doing nothing on the cruise thanks, we picked it up
as
a last minute bargain.

Re the processor.  It was designed as a box that sat on top of the FT101
and
plugged into the VFO socket, from which it took power.  Leads were taken
the spare pins on this so that the signal chain could be broken, the DSB
signal  taken from the modulator board at the point where it goes into
the
3.18 Mhz I.F., filtered, turned into SSB, and then clipped. It was then
fed
back to the normal chain via the 3.18 Mhz I.F. board.  On receive the
signal
still passed through the clipper giving the total selectivity of a 14
pole
filter and a slight increase of gain.

We did sell quite a lot of PCB's to Milt and he made them up as kits.
Some
people fitted the board inside the FT101 but I was never too happy with
this
arrangement as they had to fit an external gain control and in/out
switch,
and noise pickup and feedback were always possible if it was not done
correctly.

Harry
G3LLL