[Yaesu] Re: Heil es Yaesu settings

To: "Massimo Taddei" <iz5asz@libero.it>
Subject: [Yaesu] Re: Heil es Yaesu settings
From: "ARS NZ3O (Byron) FM29fx" <NZ3O@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:16:25 -0400
Massimo:

I have been using the following setting since 2001
with a Yaesu FT-1000MP and have received regular
compliments on my audio with the Heil ProSet and
the DX element.  My source for this was a website
that no longer exists, but credit was given to the
Chiltern DX Club, Yaesu UK and N1EU.  I hope they
work for you.

4.4 TX EDSP Change from "off" to "3".
7.7 EDSP Modulation Change to "100-3100" for ragchew, and 2800 for DX.

These are the major two transmit settings. I *never* use the voice processor.

Check out http://n1eu.tripod.com/
and especially http://www.va3cr.net/

There are other eDSP settings for receive, and I'm very pleased
with the results, especially on CW.  Let me know if you can't locate
them on the va3cr site.

Also, my radio is currently being repaired for a sub-receiver problem,
but it will have the INRAD Roofing Filter installed after the repair.  This
will make a huge difference for those operating in the crowded conditions
you might have in EU, so I'd be happy to advise how that works in a couple
of weeks.

73, Byron