Re: [Yaesu] Production Dates (MkV & MkV Field)

To: "Bob Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Production Dates (MkV & MkV Field)
From: Jim Gerke <jim.gerke@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:25:07 -0600
Bob,

I don't know anything about a manufacturing date being present in the menu on
the Mark V or Mark V Field. However, the way to tell the year and month of
manufacture of any modern Yaesu radio is from the serial number on the back.

1st digit = year (2=2002, 3=2003, etc)
2nd digit = month (C=Jan, D=Feb,......., N=Dec)
3rd&4th digits = lot number
5th thru 8th digit = sequence number within the lot

Hope this is helpful.

73, Jim K5QL