Re: [Yaesu] Replacement lamp for G-1000DXA control box?

To: "Bob Applegate" <bob@applegate.org>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Replacement lamp for G-1000DXA control box?
From: "N7HIY" <N7HIY@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 17:58:34 -0700
I use high intensity led's to replace most low voltage incadescent bulbs
now.  4 to five in series work well in most 12v (13.8v nom.) circuits, just
do NOT exceed the manuf. max forward current.  Pick your color of choice and
use sandpaper or a file to make the lens diffuse the light if needed.
Another diffusing trick is super gluing lens front to tranlucent piece of
plastic for mounting.  leds work well thru the translucent plastic case on
meters.  Copper clad thru hole perf board works as a mounting base.  In most
cases, unless there is an overvoltage failure, the leds will outlast the
unit by decades.
Cliff     N7HIY