Re: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner Problem??

To: <jwagner@dxengineering.com>,"'Robert Pack (NX5M)'" <nx5m@txcyber.com>, <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner Problem??
From: "N5IET Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:31:46 -0500
Thanks John:

I am on the 920 group, but they really have not been a
whole lot of help with this issue. It seems they may not
know much, I was hoping one of you guys had experienced it
before. I can't find a pdf service manual anywhere either.

Oh well onward and upward.

 73 fer nw,
Bob N5IET

(old calls KE5CTY - WB5ZQU - WY5L)
10X# 37210, FP#-1141, SMIRK#-5177
http://www.qsl.net/ke5cty/
Code may be taking a back seat for now,
but the pioneering spirit that put the code
there in the first place is out front of it all.

Wagner
> Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 7:39 AM
> To: 'Robert Pack (NX5M)'; Yaesu@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner
Problem??

> I would suggest going to the Yahoo Groups and then the
920
> group. There has been a lot of discussion there about
the
> tuner needing to be reset and the low power issue. I'm
sorry
> I don't have al link. It's on my home PC. I will post it

> tomorrow if no one else does.
>
> Good Luck
>
> John

Robert Pack (NX5M)
> Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 11:27 PM
> To: Yaesu@contesting.com
> Subject: [Yaesu] Fw: [CTDXCC] Antenna Tuner Problem??
>

> Perhaps someone on this reflector can help this fellow
out.

either
> way (with or without an indicated low SWR) I have low
power
> output on all bands.
>
> For some reason it tells me HIGH SWR but will eventually
> tune the frequency if I play with it enough. Then at
times
> it seems to tune it and then JUMPS all the way to the
> right.
>
> I just had this same Antenna system hooked up to an
IC-728
> with the AT-160 AutoTuner and it would bring it into 1:1
> almost immediately and full power output with no over
> heating at 100% duty cycle on PSK.
>
> With the new FT-920 setup it takes a while for it to
bring
> it into 1:1 if it even does.
>
> But whether it does or not the power output is still
low.

> MAX POWER OUTPUT I have out is 75W on 40 and 80. On 20
it
> is about 50W and above 20 it deteriorates to 5W-10W. Do
> not have an antenna for 6 Meters so I have not checked
it
> yet.
>
> I have checked the menu and submenu and all is as
default.