[Yaesu] (no subject)

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] (no subject)
From: Etrrnc@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 03:42:30 EST
Yaesu FT-747 which I have had for a long  time and was previously using as a
mobile rig in my Saturn automobile.  It did not have the problems I am about to
describe when the NB was turned on.  By the way, the FT-857D has the SSB filter
mod. The preamplifier in the FT-857  is turned off and the unit so far has
only been used on 20 and  40 meters.
    Problem 1: Significant degradation of a  desired signal by an S8 or above
signal 3 to 3.5
                      Khz above or below the desired signal.

    Problem 2: The Noise Blanker in the  FT-747 removes all the ignition
noise. With the FT-
                      857 Noise Blanker set at maximum ( or any lower level)
the  ignition noise level
                      is unacceptable and during acceleration an S6 level
signal is masked by  the
                      noise. As stated this does not occur at all with the
FT-747.

I plan to present my complaints to Yaesu but before I do I  would like  to
know if anyone has discussed these problems with Yaesu and what was the
results. I would really appreciate hearing from someone.

Thanks, Cecil Easley KC6L