Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP AF out affected by AF Gain control settings

To: <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP AF out affected by AF Gain control settings
From: "Tom McDermott" <tom.mcdermott4@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:46:53 -0600
> So back to the original issue: Has anyone come across a situation whereby
the
> AF Out levels are driven by the AF Gain control and thereby
> able to assist me in finding out whether a mod exists to make it like
this, in
> which case I can reverse engineer the mod so that it doesn't happen
> and does what it is supposed to do according to the instructions.
>
> Thanks
> Mike
> G7TWC

        The schematic shows that the rear-panel AF-out minijack is wired
ahead of the volume control so that it's output level won't be affected by
the control. No software options or configuration straps here. The connector
on the rear panel should have a cable with a 5-pin circuit board connector
on it (only 3 pins are used) that goes to the AF-UNIT connector J3019. If
yours doesn't, then it has been modified.

        -- Tom, N5EG