Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 08:03:43 +0200
I have measured myself. However since the FT-1000D I put the roofing
filter on also have other mods it might not be representative, at
2 kHz it did measure 88 dB without and 90 dB with INRAD roofing.
For reference another FT-1000D with only the W8JI NB mod did measure
69 dB which is the same as Sherwood.
I will do the same mods on the second radio however I´m still waiting
for some parts I need.
I will then do more measurements, I like to see what the roofing
filter does on that second radio, also when I do my mods on the second
radio I want to confirm with measurements.
The mods on the first radio was done 10 years ago and I never did
serious measurements on it instead I just used it for DX-ing and
contesting, I have never ever noticed any IMD3 with it after i
did modify it.

73 Jim SM2EKM

PS: All measurements done with preamp ON at a noice floor of 130 dB.