[Yaesu] FT-5100 Problem#2

To: "Yaesu Reflector" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-5100 Problem#2
From: "Dave Maley" <dgmaley@inav.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 22:49:54 -0500
Good evening again.
Well this weekend, I pulled out my old Beckman logic analyzer and started
tracking down the scan command
in the FT-5100 and found the problem.   Between the display board and the CPU
board is a small flexible
PC board that's used to connect them together.  This board has some of the
lines open and some of them resistive.  Yaesu does not show this board as a
separate part.  I suspect it was sold as part of a complete
controller (CPU) assembly.  The board gets flexed every time the radio is
opened to change the backup battery.
On this radio, I only get 3-4 years out of a battery, and I've had it for 13
years.  I suspect others have had this
same issue.  Wondering what you did?  Thanks in advance
Dave    WA0ZZG