[Yaesu] Roofing filter

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Roofing filter
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:47:51 +0000
At risk of being flamed, I feel that this obsession with having a roofing
filter in the FT1000 is somewhat exaggerated.

How many times during normal use of the radio do you notice a vast
improvement with the roofing filter in line?
How may times has this helped you to complete a contact you never would
have made without it?

Yes, there are specific situations when it helps, but the radio (modified
per W8JI) is pretty darn good without it. Even during contests, including
Top band.

FWIW.

73 de Peter SM2CEW
www.sm2cew.com