Re: [Yaesu] FW: roofing filters

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FW: roofing filters
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:43:30 -0500
I believe the new term was first used when the filter in front of the IF
string became selectable.  The filters you are speaking of are IN the IF
string.  To my knowledge, in the past most good receivers were designed with
a 20KHz roofing filter.  Adding DSP in the IF stages likely led to the need
to narrow the front end filter.

73, Keith NM5G