Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000(D) and Heil HC-5 drive level

To: "Marcel Jorba" <ea3in@yahoo.com>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000(D) and Heil HC-5 drive level
From: "Nick Wallace" <NICK.WALLACE@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 06:52:17 +1200
see reply below

Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000(D) and Heil HC-5 drive level

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use a Heil HC-5 elemnt with the
> FT-1000D. It seems that it provides low level input.I
> need to turn the Mic Gain to full level and to switch
> the Processor on. In this position it seems the radio
> delivers about 100w. If I increase my voice level it
> goes full scale.
>
> Is someone using the HC-5 with no preamp together with
> an FT-1000D?
>
> Any comments, experiences or tips will be welcomed.
>
> Regards
> Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I have both the HC4 and 5 elements here in use on my FT1000.I can switch
between the two. There
seems to be little noticable difference between the two elements drive wise i
have found,
certainly not enough to worry about. I have my mic. gain at 11 oclock and the
drive control
just past 12 oclock and the processor on.With these settings i have lots of
audio, alc goes to
about 3/4 scale and compression goes to about 10 db on peaks. With the rf power
control just
under 3/4 scale i have 100 watts pep easily.

Hope this is of some help

Regards

Nick    ZL1IU