Re: [Yaesu] FT920 half Power

To: "DL7PP" <DL7PP@HFDX.DE>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT920 half Power
From: "Tim Moes" <tmoes@wat.midco.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:22:26 -0500
Hi Tom,

 My experience with the Ft-920 is losing driver transistors when the power
drops to 30-40 watts. If it is getting real hot you have a shorted MFF255 or
the drivers which I think are a 2sc3133. Check on the base of each
transistor and see what the voltages are in tx and rx. In rx the base should
not have any voltage and in tx it should have around .7 volts. You may want
to look real close at the resistors in the final unit and this may point to
which transistors are bad also.

TNX... Tim  wd0fkc
www.midwest-technical.com