[Yaesu] FT736 power supply

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT736 power supply
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 07:34:48 +0000
My FT736R has recently been slow starting when switched on. It is not just
the display, the whole radio just sits quiet when I press the power button.

I have noted that if I switch it on for a few seconds, then switch off and
immidiately switch on again it starts as normal.

Question to you experts, which capacitors in the switch mode power supply
have dried out? Or is it another known problem?

I seem to remember many people reporting assorted problems with the
powersupply, switching to external supplies. But in my case I want to keep
the internal one going, if possible.

73/Peter SM2CEW
www.sm2cew.com