Re: [Yaesu] CAT Control on 1000mp Mark V

To: <yaesu-bounces@contesting.com>, <jclark@brownjanitorsupply.com>,<yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] CAT Control on 1000mp Mark V
From: "dsthill" <dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:02:44 -0400
Hi Guys

First - A null cable is not the correct cable. Any regular RS232 cable
should work - though I believe you may need a gender changer somewhere along
the way.

Secondly - You will need some kind of special software to actually control
the radio. This can be rig control, logging or other software. If you need
one that should work try downloading -

http://www.va3cr.net/software/Material/CAT-1000.zip

This programme will actually test and find your FT1kmp rig...

http://www.va3cr.net/software/Material/Test4MP.EXE

You should be up and running after using one of these pieces of software.

Once you have it working under this controlled situation, then you can look
at some of the other pieces of software.

Regards,

Dean - 8P6SH