[Yaesu] FT-857 Interface

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-857 Interface
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:49:03 -0400
Before I run out and buy the optional CT-62 serial to CAT interface cable I
would like to ask the forum a few questions. I am planning to operate from my
mobile set up in a QSO party or two and need to know how a couple of things are
accomplished. I have an old laptop with a parallel port for sending CW  and a 9
pin serial port to interface the radio and TRlog. Does the CT-62 indeed come
with a serial 9 pin plug and not a USB plug? I need the 9 pin plug. How do I
set it up to key the rig? The 857 instruction manual isn't very clear about
this. I can plug my paddles into the parallel port to send CW but how do I
connect to the radio so the logging program does all the work?

Thanks

Bill AD8P