[Yaesu] Display problem with FT-1000MP Mark V

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] Display problem with FT-1000MP Mark V
From: <carl@UDel.Edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:33:09 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Yaesu users,

I recently purchased a used FT-1000MP Mark V in superior shape.  Last evening
it developed a peculiar phenomenon whereby when I first turn it on, the panel
lights will come on, and sound will come out of the speaker, but the display
lights do not come on.  I waited about 10 seconds, turned the unit completely
off, and turned it back on, with the same result.  I turned it off again, and
brought it back on, however, on this try (and all subsequent tries), the
display lights also came on.  This morning, I again turned the unit on, and
again, the panel lights came on, and sound came from the speaker, but no
display lights.  Again, I turned off, turned it back on, with the same result,
and on the third try (and all subsequent tries), the display lights came on.
It seems to be a "cold start" issue, and I was wondering if anyone has had
similar experiences and if there is a fix or a mod for this particular
"feature".  Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and 73s

Carl - K3NTH