Re: [Yaesu] Best LDG tuner for the FT100D

To: aa5jg@lcisp.com, ft100@yahoogroups.com, yaesu@mailman.qth.net,yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Best LDG tuner for the FT100D
From: Leslie Elliott <kc0pto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 11:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
John, I can't say anything about the FT-100D, as I don't have one, but I just
bought a LDG AT-100 Pro to use with my FT-920, and I am very happy with it.  I
am using a multi-band antenna, (W5GI "Mystery Antenna") and was using a Dentron
"Super Tuner" and an old Siltronics FS-301 Watt/SWR meter (Not a cross needle,
just single meter).  With this setup, I was spending way too much time retuning
everytime I changed freq. or band, and just re-setting the reference point on
the SWR meter all the time was time consuming.  The LDG tunes very quickly,
around 2 to 5 seconds, and has 4,000 memories (2,000 for each of two antenna
inputs), so if you are on or near a previously visited freq., it tunes in about
2/10 of a second.   It has tuned my W5GI antenna flawlessly on every band
except 160M, which the antenna won't work on unless you change the feed fron a
balanced line to a single feed point.   I'm not particularly interested in 160M
anyway, so this is not a big deal for me, and
 the tuner is capable of tuning 160M, it's just the antenna that has the
problem.  At a total length of 103 ft, the W5GI has met and exceeded my
expectations.

  I see that the Z-11 Pro has about twice the memories (8,000) of the AT-100
Pro, which might be desireable.  It lacks the dual antenna input, and only has
a LED SWR bargraph, vs the 100 Pro's dual bargraph which shows power and SWR.
Pricing seems to be comparable.

  According to others who have used LDG products, the company is very good with
customer service, and so far, this has been my experience too.

  I think that you would be happy with either tuner.

  73 de KCØPTO  Les Elliott

John AA5JG <aa5jg@lcisp.com> wrote:
  I finally have a little extra money and am looking to add an LDG autotuner to
my FT100D setup. Which ones do people find are the best to use with the 100D? I
was looking mainly at the Z11PRO or the AT100PRO. Any other ones work good also?

73s John AA5JG