[Yaesu] FT 1000MP Mark V mouse damage

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT 1000MP Mark V mouse damage
From: Roger Rehr <w3sz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:23:30 -0400
Hello, All,

My FT1000MP was DOA when I turned it on Saturday for the 10 GHz
contest.  The controls and displays all seemed OK, but there was no
received signal, and zero output on transmit on both the TRV and main
outputs.  I was amazed at what I found when I opened it up.  Mice had
gotten inside and chewed up several wires!

Fortunately, it was easy to fix ;)

If you live in an area where there are mice, you should protect your MP
when its not in use by covering the rodent entry portals!

Details at http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/mouse-ft1000.htm

73,

W3SZ
Roger Rehr