[Yaesu] Looking for Yaesu FT450 receiver comparisons

To: <ft-450@yahoogroups.com>, <yaesu_ft-450@yahoogroups.com>,<yaesu@mailman.qth.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Looking for Yaesu FT450 receiver comparisons
From: "John AA5JG" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:04:39 -0500
I have been looking at the Yaesu FT450 as a possible rig for the shack as I
like its size, features, and price. However, without the QST review or any
numbers on Rob Sherwood's webpage, I am kind of in the dark about it
performance.  I haven't been able to find much of anything on the internet
about how its receiver performs.

So, has anyone on the list been able to compare the FT450 to some other similar
priced rigs on the used market, like a TS570, FT920, Icom 746, FT890,
TS450/690?  Those are some rigs I have owned, so it would give me a standard of
comparison.  How does the FT450 compare to these other rigs in terms of
performance?

73s John AA5JG