Re: [Yaesu] FT1000 (D) or FT2000?

To: Yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000 (D) or FT2000?
From: Scott Manthe <n9aa@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:20:36 -0500
Welcome to the 21st century. ;)

The FT-2000 doesn't have cascaded filters because the IF DSP works as
the second filter. This certainly isn't a design flaw, although one
could debate how well it's implemented in the FT-2000.

Oddly, one of my friends, who is a traffic handler, DXer and contester,
sold his FT-1000D after getting a FT-2000. He says the performance is
comparable and the 2000 is less fatiguing to listen to.