[Yaesu] FT1000 (D) or FT2000?

To: "Yaesu Reflector" <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000 (D) or FT2000?
From: "Dave Maley" <dgmaley@commspeed.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:00:23 -0600
Norm;
The roofing filter kit was from Inrad.
The fan upgrade was from the K6JRF web page.
http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/FT_Fan.html

I highly recommend that you take the radio apart, clean it and the fan
assembly.  Then install the resistor that speeds up the low speed setting.
These two make the most impact.  It takes some nerve to gut a FT-1000D.  Put
each screw back where it came from.  There's a lot of them.
Dave  WA0ZZG