Re: [Yaesu] FT 1000D

To: Jesus A Fandino <n4jaf@bellsouth.net>, yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT 1000D
From: Leslie Elliott <kc0pto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:35:16 -0800 (PST)
It sounds like it might be your power supply.  One of the filter capacitors may
have gone bad, causing a ripple on the DC output.  This will cause a hum.   If
you have access to an Oscilloscope, that would be a good way to see if this is
the problem.  Or, if you can temporarily borrow another known good power
supply, just try switching to the other supply.
Hope this helps.
KCØPTO  Les

Jesus A Fandino <n4jaf@bellsouth.net> wrote: Hi I have a problem for the past 2
yrs with my FT 1000D. Every time I TX
very one tell me my radio has a homing sound behind my voice I have Send it
Yaesus Vertex in California about 4 or 5 times they said is nothing wrong
with the radio. Can any one give me a glue of can be?

Thanks   Tony n4jaf