Re: [Yaesu] UPS abuse, FT990 Problems...

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] UPS abuse, FT990 Problems...
From: Leslie Elliott <kc0pto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:53:57 -0800 (PST)
I had a UPS delivery today.  I was in the back of the house, playing with my
Ham radio, and heard a loud noise from the front door.  When I got there, the
UPS truck was pulling away, and the package (box) was leaning against my screen
door.  Now here is the good part.  It had snowed just a little last night, and
there was about 1/8 " of snow on the walk and stair steps leading up to my
front porch.   There were NO, I repeat NO footprints on either the walk or the
stairs.  The package had been thrown from the sidewalk up onto the porch, from
about 20 ft or so.  It contained a Floppy drive, a computer keyboard, and
several computer drive cables.  It was poorly packed, in my estimation, the
keyboard was lying flat on the bottom of the box, and the rest of the shipment
was padded with wadded up brown wrapping paper.  No bubble wrap, no "peanuts",
just a few pieces of wadded up paper.  Surprisingly, there was no damage,  but
you have to give the UPS driver an E for effort.  He
 did his best to damage the goods.

In case anyone is thinking of buying computer gear from a place called Xoxide,
be informed that they don't pack their shipments very well, and the order I
placed on Monday of last week, and which they charged my account the same day,
shipped on Thursday.

So far, I have not had any damage claims with either UPS, FedEx or USPS, but
this one was close!!

KCØPTO  Les

"Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com> wrote: On Dec 9, 2007 2:44 PM, Robert
Dorchuck W6VY  wrote:
> I'm no fan of UPS but didn't this thread start with the USPS (Post Office)
> denying
>   the claim and not UPS?
>
>   Bob  W6VY

Mike wrote

Interesting.  I use both UPS and DHL on a regular basis and have ZERO
problems with either one.  USPS is an entirely different matter.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Glock - When seconds count and the police are only minutes away.