Re: [Yaesu] can connect two 12 volt power supplies in parallel.

To: "R. Casey Case" <ka3ebe@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] can connect two 12 volt power supplies in parallel.
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 21:44:10 -0600
On Dec 23, 2007 8:52 PM, R. Casey Case <ka3ebe@comcast.net> wrote:

> Here is a question I have heard varying opinion about, Can you connect two
> 12 volt power supplies together in parallel.

Mike wrote

I wouldn't.  No two power supplies will ever have the same exact
output voltage. Right now my station runs off of two large12VDC SLA
batteries in parallel with a 500mw wall wart to keep them charged.
Not perfect because its only ~12VDC under load and not 13.5-14.0 VDC
which is better but right now its completely satisfactory for my
needs.  The no load voltage on the wall wart is about 15VDC but I've
never measured more than 13.2 on the batteries.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Glock - When the police are only minutes away and seconds count.