[Yaesu] Look for advice for repairs

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Look for advice for repairs
From: "R. Casey Case" <ka3ebe@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 14:29:11 -0500
I am asking for advice where to have my Yaesu FT-840 Repaired,

I live in central Florida and am somewhat new to the area.

Have also just got back into Ham after 15 years, Forgot most of What I
knew.?

anyone have good or bad experiences? with repair centers?I would appreciate
the advice.

?

Thanks

Casey?

ka3ebe?

?

?

?

?

?

The problems I am experiencing is.

?

High amp draws on 20m 15m, and 30m with little or no?RF output.

It works a little better on 17m and 12m, amp draws is higher then normal and
low rf out

Works fine on 160m, 80m, 10m, and 40m with normal rf out put? ( 95 watts CW
or AM)

Test was performed on a MFJ Dummy load. It happened all at once I found it
out when I attempted to tune it for 14.320

SWR has been kept under 2.0?

?

Yaesu FT? 840 has been use very little I bought new back in 1992, Just
unpacked it in November of 2007. I seem to work fine out of box.

Certified By R. Casey Case No virus found in this out going message.
Please Do Not Send Mail with Any Political Content I am not Naďve Enough
to Believe My Vote Counts for Anything.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12:05 PM