[Yaesu] Use FT-897 with tube type Dentron amplifier

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Use FT-897 with tube type Dentron amplifier
From: "Dick Zseltvay" <dickzs@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:41:07 -0600
I have a Dentron amplifier that I have been using with a FT-1000D. The
amplifier is connected to the Transmit Ground on the FT-1000.

I would like to use the amplifier with a FT-897D. I have a relay box that I
bought from Yaesu years ago as an interface from a FT-757GX to the amplifier.
The relay box contains a normally open relay. As best as I can remember, the
FT-757GX's   TX ground was attached to the FT-757 and the amplifier was conned
to a PTT jack. There are two connectors on the amplifier side of the relay that
provide 13.5 VDC - I can not get the relay enclosure open far enough to see
where the 13.5 V goes. I don't recall using the 13.5 V leads.

Any one with experience in using the FT-897D (or FT-857) with an old style tube
amplifier that can help me? Does the relay box I described above provide the
interface needed to connect the FT-897D to the Dentron amplifier? Have I got
enough isolation with this relay box?