Re: [Yaesu] Carry-on rigs and the TSA

To: Steve Daniel <nn4t@comcast.net>, yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Carry-on rigs and the TSA
From: John Abbruscato <w5jon@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:39:15 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Steve,

  I travel all over the Caribbean several times a year, I have a roll-on
computer bag with my IC-7000, RM Italy KL-400 Amp and 2 x Astron SS30M Powers
Supplies in it. When they ask if I have a computer in the bag I tell them it is
a "radio", don't get fancy to them it is just a "radio". Nine times out of ten
they will just tell me to put it thriugh the X-Ray, and rarely will search the
bag after the XRay. This goes for the USA and all the Islands I havw been to

  73,

  John W5JON, P40DX, G0AOH, V31FB, V4/W5JON, J3/W5JON

Steve Daniel <nn4t@comcast.net> wrote:
  I would like to carry my little FT-897 in my carry-on luggage. Will the TSA
folks at the airport get nervous about this? Should I put it in the checked
luggage? Thanks! Steve, NN4T