Re: [Yaesu] mp amp keying?

To: "'Billy Cox'"<aa4nu@ix.netcom.com> , "'K1TTT'"<K1TTT@ARRL.NET> , "'Yaesu'"<yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] mp amp keying?
From: "Tyler Stewart"<k3mm@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:54:37 -0500
Me too, but an Alpha87 and TenTec Titan.  Works great!  If you are going to
drive a relay, just make sure you put a reverse current protection diode and
cap across the coil to guard against transient spikes.  Hit the Linear slide
switch on the back of the MP to turn of that internal relay.

73, Ty K3MM