[Yaesu] FT1000MP and Transverter output

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT1000MP and Transverter output
From: "Ross" <rbiggar@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:47:35 +1300
Hi all I have a question about the transverter output power on an FT1000MP

The book says  a variable low leve; approx -6dbm 100mv @50ohm ouput.

What does this convert to in milliwatts, and how much should it vary, from what
power to what power?

I have put the TRV switch to TRV and tried to measure the output into my HP
438A Power meter which will measure
milliwatts up to 4ghz, but it cannot see anything out of the TRV output.

The rig works ok on HF, working into a dummy load, I can change the power from
zero to 100watts.

So some advice please about transmitting into a transverter, and especially a
way to check the trv ouput.

TRV rx in works perfectly..

Comments and advice please

Ross