Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP MKV FIELD & USB

To: "Graham Shortreed" <gshortre@telus.net>, <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000MP MKV FIELD & USB
From: "Paul Playford" <paul@w8aef.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:51:11 -0700
You may have a problem if you are running Vista64 as your operating system.

I have 3 USB to serial adapter cables and if I left them plugged in to the
computer during bootup Vista64 would assign new COM port numbers to them.
When I got up to COM18, COM19 & COM20, and my logging software would only go
up to COM16 I knew I had a problem.

I purchased a 2 port PCI to serial adapter on eBay and no more problems.

de Paul, W8AEF