Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu serial numbers

To: <w7ts@comcast.net>, <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu serial numbers
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 20:57:44 -0500
Ken,

The earlier series of units will have relatively low
serial number suffixes - typically less than 20,000
so that the digit following the letter which indicates
the month of manufacture will be a 0 (zero).

Even if a model does not have a run of 100,000 units
over more than 10 years, it should be possible to
estimate if the unit was in the first 20% or last
20% of the total units based on the relative size of
the "production lot" (the thousands digits).  This
is even easier if you have access to a service manual
(technical supplement) since it will often provide
references to specific production lots in which major
changes were implemented.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV