[Yaesu] G-1000SDX Rotator No Longer Supported by Yaesu

To: Yaesu List <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] G-1000SDX Rotator No Longer Supported by Yaesu
From: Robin Midgett <robink4idc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 13:39:58 -0600
Hi Friends,
Just got off the phone with Yaesu service in Cypress, CA. I was
informed (and politely stone walled) by Tim Factor KT7F concerning
service of my G-1000 SDX rotator controller. Tim said the SDX (only)
version went off the service list November 9th, 2009. Quoting: "If you
have a G-1000DXA or SA you can send it to us for repair.  We no longer
service the G-1000SDX."

Tim was polite and courteous and very firm; there are no exceptions.
My gripe isn't with Tim, but with Yaesu for not supporting this
equipment longer. The biggest problem is that the service center won't
even try to diagnose the problem to determine if it can be
repaired...no help at all.

Those old Hy-gain rotators are starting to look more attractive all
the time. I won't purchase another Yaesu.

--
Thanks,
Robin Midgett K4IDC