[Yaesu] FT-77 Help

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-77 Help
From: "Arnie Adelman" <arnie.adelman@infosec-consultant.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 15:58:03 +0000
Two questions, but a little background first.

I bought a FT-77. I've been a Yaesu fan for a long time but I'd never run
across the FT-77 before. When I got it, I repaired the easy issues - the
electronic ones. Two small problems seem to be more difficult, so I'm asking
the collective body of knowledge for some help.

1.) The rubber cover for the dial knob was missing, leaving only the gooey mess
over the metal inner know. Is there a replacement for this or a good
substitute?

2.) The light is out in the meter. I see that this is an 8V incandescent bulb.
Is there a source for these bulbs or an LED type replacement?

I'd be greatful for any help or pointers.

arnie - W1GCI