[Yaesu] FT-920 for sale

To: Yaesu List <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-920 for sale
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 21:17:09 -0500
Hi all.

I've decided to sell my FT-920 HF/6m transceiver.  I bought it new in May
2000 and it has been a solid performer for me over the past decade.  It
has never been used portable (or mobile, but it's not really a mobile
rig) and it has been in a non-smoking/non-pet environment all of this
time.  It is clean with no dings or deep scratches (there are a few very
slight scuffs on the cabinet).  It covers 160 through 6m except the 60m
channels.  It has not been opened up for transmit outside the amateur
bands and has not been connected to an amplifier or modded beyond
installation of additional INRAD filters and an INRAD filter switch
board.  I have used it for SSB, CW, Packet (in the early years) and
soundcard based digital modes in recent years.  All controls function
freely with no known sticky buttons, bent shafts, or binding actions.
The Yaesu FM board that came with the radio new is installed.

I have placed pictures on my Photobucket account:

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa106/N0NB/FT-920/

I have updated it with several International Radio filters over the
years including a 400 Hz CW/Data filter, 6 kHz AM filter, and 2.1 kHz
SSB filter which resides on the INRAD "filter switch" board so the
stock SSB filter can be used and then the 2.1 kHz filter switched in
"cascade".  The combination along with the AF DSP controls work quite
well.  Bought new the filters and the switch board total $425 (pricing
from INRAD's Web site).

That's the good, now for the issue.  The internal tuner, which I never
used, is inoperative.  Two and a half years ago I decided to fix it
after finding the plastic couplers from the step motors to the variable
capacitors were cracked and broken.  I replaced them with new couplers
from Yaesu and afterward found that one motor would not move.  I opted
not to pursue it further and bought an LDG AT250Pro which is a far more
capable tuner.

I have the original box and all the manuals including some extras to be
included on a CD-ROM.

Given that the going price of FT-920s seems to hover in the $750 to $850
range, I would be satisfied to get $1000 for it with all the filters and
INRAD filter switch board installed.

If interested, please reply via private email to n0nb@n0nb.us

Thanks!

73, de Nate >>