[Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT Failure

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT Failure
From: Michael Almeter <w4mja@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 09:12:07 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
In November, I had my MAX232CWE fail, and thus lost the CAT function on my
FT-1000MP. I recently shipped my radio off to Byron, WA4GEG (1000MP Repair) and
he replaced the MAX232CWE as well as tested it before it left his shop.
This afternoon, I plugged my CAT serial cable in between my FT-1000MP and
computer, and went into my logging program. As soon as the program began
polling the radio, the new MAX232CWE failed.
I've checked, and there is no idle AC voltage between the radio and computer.
Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

73,
Mike
W4MJA

Mike Almeter